Wednesday 2 January 2013

Photography: Sunrises and Sunsets

Everyone loves a good sunrise and sunset, beautiful scenes that declare the beginning or the end of a day. Here are my favourite sunrise and sunset pics. 

1. Sunrise in Hammamet, Tunisia

Arguably one of the best photos I've ever taken, this boat arrived just at the right time. Sunrise in the winter was around 7.20am which I found to be quite an agreeable time to get out of bed. 


Two days later, I stayed in the room to grab this sunrise.




2. Sunrise in Venice, Italy

A special photo as it was at the end of our first honeymoon. First because we then inter-railed around Europe in the summer for four weeks. 
  



3. River No.2, Sierra Leone

Sunrise was at another respectable time of around 7.00am in Sierra Leone and with beach front accommodation, I literally rolled out of bed onto the beach for this shot.  





4. Sunset on the Zambezi River, Zimbabwe

This is my first ever sunset shot, taken while travelling in Zimbabwe in 1999. The boat trip was sold as a 'sunset cruise' in hotels while in the hostels it was sold as a 'booze cruise'. The clever marketing provided a full boat but a few disgruntled passengers!    

   



5. Sunset at Home - River Crouch, Essex, England

These photos were totally unexpected, we went to the pub on the river and thankfully had a camera handy. I cannot decide which is best so here are both.






6. Sunset in Sri Lanka.

I wish I knew the couple in question as I'm sure they would love this picture of them on the beach at Hotel Serendib, Bentota in 2010.




7. Sunset at River No.2, Sierra Leone

Not the greatest picture in this collection but a great memory of swimming at sunset with my mate Sam while Laura took the snap.




8. Sunset in the Sahara, Tunisia

The last photo is one of the most recent, taken on a camel ride on the edge of the Sahara.




Which is your favourite?





No comments:

Post a Comment