Thursday 14 March 2013

Travel: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

Visiting Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe gave me the opportunity to not just see one of the (unofficial) natural wonders of the world but also to do something that still today is one of the greatest things I have ever done in my life. 

I flew over the Falls at 5000 feet in an Ultralight Aircraft.















I still remember the experience vividly, how open the aircraft was, my French pilot, seeing elephants from 5000 ft up and my breath being taken away as we circled the Falls twice. 

Back to earth, I saw the Falls at ground level and were particularly impressive as there was a really heavy flow.




The Bungy bridge with jumper hanging



The final act in my Zimbabwe adventure was a sunset trip on the Zambezi River, which was sold to backpackers as a 'booze cruise'. I had some booze on the cruise and I remember meeting a bunch of South Africans on holiday and regaling many of my jokes. They even took a video of me telling a joke. The next day I was heading to their homeland, South Africa.




    


2 comments:

  1. wooowww this is amazing,,, i like your photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. are they real??? wow...sooo nice

    genem87

    ReplyDelete