Friday 7 December 2012

Work & TRAVEL: Malta

I received a call in late November from one of the teacher training providers I work for that went something like this:

Company: Hi Stephen, would you like to do some delivery in Malta? It's very soon though, between 2nd to 5th December?  
Me: Yep

So after scraping ice from my windscreen at -2 degrees Sunday morning just gone, I arrived in 18 degrees sunny Malta in the afternoon. 


A lovely welcome

Malta sits in the Mediterranean Sea, just south of Italy and east of Tunisia. 


I delivered training on Monday and Tuesday 8.30 am - 1.00 pm and with my flight home booked for Wednesday evening, I had just over a day to explore.

Valletta 

In the capital Valletta I mooched around and visited the very good war museum. In 1942 the island was awarded the George Cross from the King for 'heroism and devotion' for their war effort. 






Mosta

Mosta is dominated by Rotunda of Mosta (Mosta Dome) which is also the third largest unsupported dome in the world. 


        
Mdina

Situated right next to Rabat, the 'silent city' of Mdina is a small fortified town which was also the old capital of Malta. narrow streets divide the fabulous architecture.

  




















St Pauls Cathedral, Mdina

Mosta Dome from Mdina


And finally, I met Miss Malta 1984 who is now one of the teachers at the school I did the training at. Here we are with footage from the 1984 Miss Universe competition behind! 



No comments:

Post a Comment